The Historical Society of Pennsylvania is one of the nation’s principal centers for historical research, housing 21 million documents spanning 350 years of American history. The Historical Society embarked on a program to enhance the guest experience while increasing the efficiency of collection storage and overall security of the building and its collections.
They called on Remington Group, now Avison Young, to oversee renovations to the lobby and reception area and improvements to the collections storage vaults including installation of compact storage systems, enhanced climate control and lighting.
- Oversight of Planning & Development
- Oversight of Historical Commission Approvals
- Development of Master Project Budget & Schedule
- Oversight of Design
- Procurement & Oversight of Construction
- Oversight of Additional Services
- Security & Access Control Systems
- Audio Visual Systems
- Move Management
- Close-out Management
Coordination was key since the building remained occupied and functional during the renovation. Our oversight and innovative scheduling allowed this historic renovation to be completed on time and under budget.