The Village at West Chester University includes eleven three-story buildings that house 524 students in air conditioned four bedroom apartments complete with two full bathrooms, living room, laundry room with washer and dryer and a fully furnished kitchen. The building is heated and cooled by a geothermal system, which was installed as part of the project.
Early in the development process the West Chester University Foundation’s student housing affiliate, University Student Housing, brought Remington Group, now Avison Young, on board to ensure that the project would be completed to the University’s standards, on time and within budget.
- Oversight of the Private Developer, College Park Campus Partners
- Development the Building Program
- Development of Master Project Budget & Schedule
- Coordination of Municipal Approvals
- Oversight of Design & Construction
- Oversight of Additional Services
- Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment
- Security & Access Control Systems
- Close-out Management
The project was completed to the satisfaction of the University and our oversight saved $400,000 in cost overruns.
“Their oversight of the details has allowed me to focus on planning the next project.”
Mr. Richard Przywara, Executive Director, West Chester University Foundation